2014年9月23日星期二

IPhone 6 Plus opposed to. Samsung Galaxy log 3: What's dressed in a widget?

IPhone 6 Plus opposed to. Samsung Galaxy log 3: What's dressed in a widget?

Any more time, any more chapter dressed in my continued struggles to decide on a champ among my two favorite over-sized phones of the flash.

In the function of a recap: I've lived with my not public Samsung Galaxy log 3 meant for regarding six months pronto. It replaced a log 2, which I had meant for a not a lot above a day. This is my own phone, individual which I expend personally (surfing Reddit, casual gaming) and professionally (conducting interviews, lots and lots of email).

I recently had the opportunity to examination the iPhone 6 Plus, and we unequivocal it'd remain a enjoyable concept to keep the comparisons running, since so many of you inquired regarding how the two stack up. (And agreed, I know many of you are interested dressed in how the 6 Plus compares to the log 4, but we're all on offer to engage in to interval a not a lot longer to give it some thought regarding with the purpose of.)

Ultimate moment in time I talked regarding the hardware, but now I'd like to focus on the software a small piece other. Specifically: Widgets. (Yes, I realize this doesn't relate to the plus-sized nature of these phones, but meant for me it's an significant comparison element of the two platforms.)

I was quite excited at what time I learned with the purpose of iOS 8 would ultimately remain bringing aftermarket keyboards to the front, in the function of SwiftKey was a most important good sense meant for my continuing to stay with robot. Widgets, too, are an incredibly beneficial part of the pack of the puzzle, so again I was glad to give it some thought them advent to iOS -- dressed in a mode.

Robot has of path had desktop widgets since the activation, and even Mac OS has had them meant for ages. But, meant for around good sense, they've remained interdict on Apple's cell phone operating technique. With the purpose of remains rightful, but the veil is being lifted, somewhat, allowing them to appear in the function of so-called extensions dressed in the notification window -- itself a up to date addition to iOS, you could recall.

On my log 3, I expend a bunch of widgets mushroom across five desktops. They are (in veto scrupulous order):

Assistive light: Turns on the flashlight on the back of the phone
Calendar: Pretty standard stuff. I dedicate a complete leaf of my desktop to this. Combines regarding four unique Google calendars seamlessly.
Call quick dial: I engage in a bunch of these meant for frequent contacts
Laid-back Voice Recorder: Quick and, agreed, laid-back recording meant for capturing interviews. Clearly press the "record" button and at that time start vital the hopeful.
Google Drive: There's a remarkable widget with the purpose of lets you quickly access your docs. I really engage in two of these widgets on my desktop, individual meant for my not public relation, individual meant for my effect relation.
Google Search: Finds things dressed in chairs.
TripIt: Quickly tells me somewhere I need to be off, which car rental counter, which inn, and that. Makes for sure I don't dig up lost at what time I'm jet lagged.
FlightTrack Pro: Real-time updates on flights, correctly on my desktop. Syncs with TripIt, making my life enjoyable at what time I'm on the road, which is a bunch.

In the function of of pronto, not a lot of this functionality exists in the function of extensions to the notification window. Granted, it's near the beginning days and I expect much of with the purpose of functionality to befall along eventually, but what's prohibited in attendance pronto is largely disappointing. Meant for paradigm, Strava is my favorite fitness app and Amazon Kindle my favorite sense app. Both pronto offer extensions, and both postponement get something done not a lot other than launch their respective apps.

However, Evernote's latest postponement is fair and square near, with quick family meant for creating text clarification, capturing photos, and that. And of path in attendance are the crucial extensions together with weather, calendar, reminders, stocks, and that.

Agreed moment in time, extensions determination match the functionality with the purpose of Android's widgets presently offer, but individual significant difficult determination keep on, and that's how they're presented. On robot, if discover around wonderful latest widgets I can add an further home-made screen and tuck them away, insertion them exactly somewhere I plan. (For paradigm, I engage in a leaf of travel-related widgets and app shortcuts.)

With iOS 8, the other extensions I add the longer with the purpose of notification window determination dig up. Eventually I'm on offer to remain scrolling a extended, extended way down to attain the underneath.

Meant for pronto, this is a fair win meant for the log 3, and meant for robot dressed in universal. We'll dig up closer to parity in the function of other devs attain other ways to manufacture extensions effect, but it'll on no account quite match until we dig up proper widgets on the iOS desktop. If I had to estimate, I'd say with the purpose of, too, determination befall dressed in due moment in time.

Tags: Phone , Samsung ,Galaxy , Apple , iphone


Related : http://lauriel01.meinblog.at/   


没有评论:

发表评论